Tell us about your background.
Ginger: I have been doing hair for over 20 years, I’ve always worked in the Boros. Nicole and I worked together for years and wanted to go out on our own and definitely be in Northboro. This is our 7th year in business now and its great.
Nicole: I come from a family that has owned a small business in Shrewsbury for 96 years. I grew up here in Northboro, went through the school systems and graduated from Algonquin. I graduated from Rob Roy hair academy in 1995 and jumped right into the business. I have been an assistant manager and manager of salons. Ginger and I had worked together for years when deciding to go out on our own and start a new adventure together. In 2009 we opened Allure Hair Spa.
What inspires you?
Ginger: People inspire me.
Nicole: My inspiration is helping people in any way that I can and making them feel good about themselves.
Ginger: I love that you can be a little more personal with people.
Nicole: I love the ability and freedom it gives you to make decisions that help people and the community that I personally feel are important.
Why did you choose Northboro?
Ginger: We love Northboro and all of our clients are in this area.
Nicole: There is not a better town than Northboro. As a true “townie” raising a third generation here, I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Ginger: We need to support eachother and work together to keep this a great community.
Nicole: Local business makes a town what it is and keeps the community close.
Ginger: I believe you need to be as helpful as possible, make people feel welcome and comfortable.
Nicole: It’s so important to be available and there for your clients. communication and support is so important.
- My first job was: Ginger – Chelo’s Restaurant. Nicole – Country Candle in Northboro.
- My favorite movie is: Ginger – Forrest Gump. Nicole – Titanic.
- I cannot live without: Ginger – Family, wine & cheese. Nicole – Coffee & family.
- Beach or mountains: Ginger – Beach. Nicole – Both.
- The best advice I ever received is: Ginger – in trying times, it’s time to try. Nicole – Follow your heart and always stay true.
- A cause I care deeply about is: Ginger – Cancer research. Nicole – Alzheimers.